Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What can be borrowed?
Our Interlibrary Loan office will request items not owned by Feinberg Library.
Note: items in the following categories may be difficult to borrow, and might take longer to fill or might be filled with restrictions (such as a shorter loan period or in-library use only):
- Reference books
- Rare books and manuscripts
- Very recently-published books
- Entire volumes of journals
- Multi-volume sets
- Audio-visual materials (Videos, DVD's, microforms, etc)
- Professional association and conference papers
- Genealogical materials
- Some dissertations and master's theses (availability varies)
How long will it take to receive my ILL request?
Interlibrary loan requests usually take a minimum of three days, depending on the availability and method of shipment. Internet technologies make it possible for customers to receive copied materials in as little as twenty-four hours.
Make sure the information in each of your requests form is as accurate as possible. Incomplete requests will delay the process of obtaining your items. Completion of the "needed by" and "cancel after" fields is extremely important.
Renew Interlibrary Loan Items
To renew your ILL items:
- Log-in to your Illiad account. NOTE: ILLiad provides access to renewal requests starting five days before the due date.
- Under "Checked Out Items," select Transaction Number. The transaction number will display the full record.
- Select "Renew request" (top left on screen) to activate the renewal. A follow up email with a confirmed due date will be send by the ILL office within 2-3 working days.
Request Interlibrary Loan Items
To request Interlibrary Loan items, first check whether the item you want is available in Feinberg Library.
- For items in physical format: go to the Feinberg Library homepage and search the Find it at Feinberg box.
- For journal articles, go to the library homepage and click the Research Tools link. There you can find journals by title (Journals A-Z), find databases by subject and find databases by title.
After these steps, log into your Illiad account and request the materials you need.
Limit on requests
We do not have a limit on requests, but, if you are submitting more than five requests, we ask that you rank the order of need to help expedite the requests.
Mila Su, Associate Librarian