Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please watch this video and be prepared to discuss it in class.
Extra credit option 2
1. Attend the Banned Books panel on Wed. 9/26 (4:30pm in the Cardinal Lounge). Describe two ideas presented by the panelists that resonated with you.
2. Read the following links about 'Banned or Challenged Books' which describes recent challenges to popular books. Pick 3 books that were challenged that are surprising to you and describe why. For instance, maybe they are books you read in high school and enjoyed? Or maybe you think the grounds upon which the book was challenged are ridiculous? Whatever the case, describe your reactions and use in-text citations to refer back to the website(s).
Guiding questions for small group discussion:
- Summarize the purpose of the source.
- What did you find surprising?
- What are the implications of this issue for researchers?