Last Updated: Sep 23, 2013
These authoritative sources provide general information about individual countries.
- CIA World Factbook
The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities
- World Bank Development Reports
- World Development Indicators (The World Bank)
Very data rich resource
- U.S. State Department: Major State Department Publications
Publications on international issues including terroism, narcotics, religion, and human trafficking.
- Virtual Reference Library
Full text encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research
- CREDO Reference Collection
Full text of reference books in all major subjects, and images (art, diagrams, maps, and photos)