Last Updated: Sep 10, 2014
These authoritative sources provide general information about individual countries.
- CIA World Factbook
The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities
- World Bank Development Reports
- World Development Indicators (The World Bank)
Very data rich resource
- U.S. State Department: Major State Department Publications
Publications on international issues including terroism, narcotics, religion, and human trafficking.
- Virtual Reference Library
Full text encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research
- CREDO Reference Collection
Full text of reference books in all major subjects, and images (art, diagrams, maps, and photos)
- International Centre for Prison Studies
The Centre is able to call on expert advisers from around the world who between them are representative of the best academic thinking on punishment and imprisonment and of the widest practical experience in the criminal justice field.