Enter your question, and a librarian will be with you shortly. You will not necessarily be chatting with a librarian from your local library or even your community. This is a global, cooperative service staffed by reference librarians from New York State, as well as other states and countries.
Research Articles in Education
Types of Research Articles
- Quantitative research–systematic, empirical observation, followed by the application of statistical tests. Other terms to try include empirical study, original research, empirical research, and statistical analysis.
- Empirical research–any research involving the collection of new data. Other terms to try include empirical study, original research, and quantitative research.
- Literature review–summarizes previous important literature on a particular topic. Other terms to try include research review.
- Meta analysis–takes the results of several existing studies and analyzes them in a new way looking for previously unnoticed patterns or trends. Other terms to try include action based research, action research, and practicum.
- Qualitative research–research providing detailed narrative descriptions and explanations of phenomena investigated, with lesser emphasis given to numerical quantifications.
- Case study–detailed analyses focusing on a particular problem of an individual, group, or organization. Other terms to try include cross sectional studies, facility case studies, longitudinal studies, and case records.