Try these databases first to find articles related to Communication Disorders & Sciences topics.
1. Try a simple keyword search THEN examine the subject headings inside some of the articles to discern the correct terminology for the search.
Example: Keyword search for 'treatment' showed that the correct Subject Heading in ComDisDome database is 'therapy'
2. Once you know the correct terminology, try searching the Subject or Descriptor field instead of leaving the default option 'Anywhere'
3. Not sure what the correct terminology is, but fairly certain your search term is important to the topic you're researching? Try adding that term to the second search box and selecting 'Abstract'
4. Limit your search to peer-reviewed articles- there should be a check-box on the main search page in most databases.
5. Check out the References at the end of a "perfect" article. They're a treasure trove of other resources for you!
Call: (518) 564-5290
Text: (518) 239-0245
Chat: Available 24/7